Effects Of Mold Exposure At Work
To many, mold is just an unattractive sign of water damage, but in reality, some mold that is found often in the workplace can release harmful toxins that are bad for your health. With a significant part of your day spent at work, a mold problem at your job can become a health issue for you. Here are some common places where mold grows:
- Anywhere regularly exposed to moisture, like an area next to a leaky pipe
- Humid and enclosed spaces with inadequate ventilation
- Poorly maintained ventilation systems
At Laputka, Bayless, Ecker & Cohn, PC, we are experienced in defending the rights of employees injured due to mold exposure. Our attorney has over 30 years of experience in the workers’ compensation field. Some mold exposure symptoms include:
- Respiratory problems, such as asthma and hay fever
- Nausea, dizziness and fatigue
- Irritation of the skin and throat
Our firm will work with you to establish your workers’ compensation case, advocating for you every step of the way. It is essential to get the help you need because, over time, exposure to toxic mold spores can develop into life-threatening illnesses such as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Immune system dysfunction
If you find that your workplace mold injury makes you unable to work, we will defend your right to receive benefits to help support you and your family.
Contact Us To Find Out More Today
Laputka, Bayless, Ecker & Cohn, PC, has an excellent reputation in attaining benefits in even the most complex of workers’ compensation cases. Put us to work for you. Give us a call at 570-861-5905 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation with a toxic mold PA.