Why Do I Need A Personal Injury Lawyer?
Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney
At Laputka, Bayless, Ecker & Cohn, PC, we have served Hazleton and the northeastern Pennsylvania corridor for more than 60 years. We are proud to be a general-service law firm. However, our record of outstanding service has been made possible because we hire attorneys who focus on specific practice areas. Our personal injury attorney, John Gallagher, has been practicing with the firm for nearly 30 years. He collaborates with our other attorneys when creating strategies for his cases, so you benefit from the legal successes of our entire team.
It is essential to hire a lawyer with specific experience in personal injury law if you are injured in an accident. This is an area of the law that is complex, and the insurance companies for the defendant typically have access to top-tier attorneys. Hiring our personal injury attorney signals to the other side of your case that you are serious about obtaining the compensation you need to recover, pay your medical bills and provide for your future, no matter how badly you were injured.
What To Look For In A Personal Injury Lawyer
- Demonstrable results for their clients. A personal injury attorney should be able to show case results for claims that truly represent the cost of an injury accident.
- Experience with your specific type of injury. Whether you were injured in a car accident, at a construction or industrial worksite, by using a defective product, or while visiting someone else’s property, your lawyer should have a portfolio of cases they have handled that are similar to yours.
- Accessibility and personal attention. Do not hire a lawyer who does not have time to talk with you, or shuffles you off to a paralegal or junior attorney.
- A commitment to representing your best interests. A personal injury attorney should be ready to negotiate or litigate your claim – whatever it takes to obtain a fair settlement that provides the funds you need.
- Transparency in fee structure. Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning they claim a part of your settlement or award. They should be able to explain to you in plain English what to expect in terms of their fees if they win compensation for you.