A Full-Service Law Firm for
Your Business and Personal Challenges
For six decades, Laputka, Bayless, Ecker & Cohn, PC, has provided outstanding legal representation to clients for a wide range of legal issues. We have grown and changed over the years, but we adhere to the same principles on which our firm was built — service, integrity, hard work and results.
Based in Hazleton, we serve a diverse array of individuals and businesses throughout northeastern Pennsylvania, including many in the Wilkes-Barre, Scranton and Allentown areas. We take pride in rewarding clients’ trust and maintaining long-term relationships, which results in many referrals and opportunities to serve second and third generations of families.
Trusted Attorneys in Hazleton,
Serving All Northeastern Pennsylvania Communities
The firm was founded as a partnership by Theodore R. Laputka, Sr., Kenneth R. Bayless, Bartel E. Ecker, and Martin D. Cohn in 1953 and was incorporated as a professional corporation in 1973. Since its founding, Laputka, Bayless, Ecker, & Cohn has directed its attention to a wide general practice.
Our Practice Areas
Business, Employment Law and Estate Matters
We operate a general practice firm. However, in order to provide each client with the best counsel and representation possible, each of our experienced attorneys focuses on select branches of the law.
We have established strengths in handling all aspects of:
- Work-related injuries that justify workers’ compensation claims
- Personal injury and wrongful death cases resulting from auto accidents, construction accidents, animal attacks and other traumatic events
- Social Security Disability claims and appeals
- Business law, lending and real estate concerns, ranging from high-value transactions and commercial collections to land use issues and contract disputes — as well as other forms of civil litigation
- Employment and labor law matters
- Estate planning, administration, probate and litigation