Hazleton Lawyer For Wills and Trusts
Protecting Your Family, Your Wealth and Your Legacy
While you are living and healthy, you value being able to make your own decisions about your finances, property, health care and raising your children. Should you die or become incapacitated, you hope others will handle these matters according to your wishes.
The only way to assure that will happen is through proper estate planning. This process involves weighing various personal and financial decisions and creating legal arrangements to have them carried out when the time comes.
The Hazleton law firm of Laputka, Bayless, Ecker & Cohn, PC, provides comprehensive estate planning services. We counsel individuals and couples in Luzerne County, Carbon County, Schuylkill County, and all surrounding northeastern Pennsylvania communities.
Benefit From Personalized, Comprehensive and Affordable Services
Attorney Robert S. Sensky handles the full estate planning spectrum, from the essential documents every person should have to advanced strategies for clients with high net worth. Many of our clients are business owners and investors with both personal and business planning considerations. We have designed sophisticated instruments for numerous multimillion-dollar estates, but we also welcome families with modest assets and young couples mapping out their future.
Rather than simply using standardized forms and questionnaires, we walk clients through many scenarios to individualize their basic estate planning documents:
- A will to declare heirs and how your estate should be distributed
- Durable powers of attorney for management of your business and personal affairs if you are incapacitated and unable to make your own decisions
- Health care power of attorney for medical decisions on your behalf
- An advance directive (living will) addressing life support and end-of-life care
We Apply Advanced Estate Planning Tools and Techniques When Appropriate
For clients with substantial assets or special considerations, Mr. Sensky can provide sophisticated solutions for specific goals and concerns:
- Analysis of assets, liabilities, cash requirements, insurance, and retirement benefits and plans
- Wealth preservation techniques, including irrevocable trusts, gifting programs, purchase and sale of partial interests, generation-skipping transfers, charitable transfers and asset freezes
- Valuation discount planning, including family limited partnerships, grantor-retained annuity trusts and qualified personal residents trusts
- Business succession planning, including business reorganization and recapitalization, and shareholder agreements
- International and multistate estate planning, including planning for foreign nationals and foreign investors
- Charitable foundations and charitable giving
- Special needs trusts for a disabled family member on government assistance
- Preparing federal estate tax and state inheritance tax returns
Our Constant Emphasis: Your Peace of Mind and Protection of Your Interests
We cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, including families who have worked with lawyers at our firm since the 1950s. That trust and familiarity helps us safeguard clients’ wealth and cover all the bases when creating and maintaining their wills, trusts and overall estate plans. Email us or call 570-861-5905 to arrange a consultation.