A Full-Service Law Firm, Putting Clients First Since 1953

Personal injuries can cause TBIs

On Behalf of | Jul 22, 2022 | Traumatic Brain Injuries

When you are injured due to another’s negligence, it is called a personal injury. This can be from a slip and fall on someone’s property, something falling on you or in just about any kind of accident.

Unfortunately, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) result from these personal injuries rather commonly, and they can go untreated because they can be invisible. But, if you know what to look for, you will know when to get Hazelton, Pennsylvania, medical attention.

Why are TBIs invisible?

TBIs are largely invisible because the injuries are internal injuries to the brain, like punctures, bruises or tears. Since you cannot see these injuries, they are invisible, but they do have an impact on your life because your brain controls your entire body.

Do I need to go to the doctor?

Of course, if you experienced an impact or puncture to your head, you should have your head checked out by a medical professional. However, even if you only received a violent jolt, you should still see a doctor.

Realistically, after any kind of personal injury, it is best practice to have a full workup because, if you decide to sue the responsible party, you will need to fully document your injuries. Plus, you want to make sure your treatments are for all of your injuries, not just the ones that are readily apparent.

What to look out for

Even though you should always go to your Hazelton, Pennsylvania, doctor for a checkup, there are signs you should go to the emergency room immediately. If you have a clear liquid draining from your head (nose or ears), go to the ER. If your pupils are dilated or you lost consciousness, go to the ER. If you are experiencing sensory or balance issue, go to the ER as well.

The takeaway

If you are involved in an accident, get checked out, and if you do not feel well immediately, go to the ER. Remember, you can always seek reimbursement and compensation after the visit, but you may need to contact a Hazelton, Pennsylvania, attorney to fight on your behalf.